Thursday 12 September 2013

The Truscott Arms



The Truscott Arms -

Just gonna put it out there straight away... this place is an absolute gem. Part of me doesn't even want to tell anyone else about it and keep it to myself. That would be a shame though, everyone should try the food here, it's worth travelling for. People come here for the meat. Every forkful melted in my mouth  and the produce itself was clearly of the highest quality. The restaurant is a member of SRA, (Sustainable Restaurant Association) which matters due to the veggie boyfriend) so the guilt was minimal. 

Notably this is a beautifully resorted building that is only further complimented by 
South African Michelin Star Chef, Etienne Bruwer and everything that comes out of his kitchen. 

I'm a recent fan of edible flowers and always try to use seasonal produce where possible when cooking my own dishes.  I was happy to see both at The Truscott Arms. Everything looked amazing, was cooked to perfection and I really fell in love with pretty much every dish on the menu. Everything was amazing - From the starters of Fresh Sardines with Heirloom Tomatoes or the Scallops with Cauliflower Puree and Shellfish Reduction through to the main courses of 35 day Dry Aged Ribeye, Girolle Mushrooms, Cocotte Potatoes and Confit Beetroot or the Roasted Gnocchi with Barigoule Artichokes with Kohlrabi and Onion Crumb. Dessert needless to say also didn't disappoint, the Caramel and Vanilla Mousse Cake with English Fruits and Raspberry Sorbet alongside the Orange and Valhrona Chocolate Tart with Lovage Ice Cream meant I wasn't left hungry. 

The wine list shouldn't be left out here either as not only was it over 100 strong but it offered a real interesting mix.  The staff were keen to lend their expertise and we were recommended a bold red from Lebanon which did not disappoint. 

I'm already planning my next trip (I've heard the Sunday roast sharing platters are supposed to be pretty up there!)


















































No comments:

Post a Comment